The existing school, established in 1869, is made up of many interconnecting buildings that have been added on over the years. This has caused confusion in the past as to where to enter the building and where to go once inside. The client sought us to design an addition which would put order and clarity into the school. This new building houses vertical circulation, administration facilites, classrooms, a large teaching space and a central seated meeting space which can also be used as a school restaurant.
- Location: Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland
- Construction Contract Value: €600,000
- Key Dates: Completed Winter 2014
- Client: Department of Education & Skills
- Project Manager/Architect: van Dijk International مدير مشروع / مهندس مدير المشروع / المهندس المعماري: فان دايك الدولية