St. Laurence O'Toole's School
An exciting project for a new school extension in the centre of Dublin. The existing stone building at present has stood on the site for over a century and is of great architectural significance. In recent years it has grown tired and is too small to accommodate the growing population in the area. A full school renovation is proposed. A new entrance and multi-purpose room are to be added and clad in corten weathered steel. This material, while giving an easily distinguished appearance, also compliments the heavy exisiting stone school building. The project is currently lodged with the planning authority.
- Location: Seville Place, Dublin
- Construction Contract Value: Confidential
- Key Dates: Planning Stage Spring 2017
- Client: Department of Education & Skills
- Project Manager/Architect: van Dijk International